Wolf concept
This is just a design I was messing around with and decided to post. I did several versions, but liked this goofy looking one best.
I included the rough and the tight pencil with a couple of expressions as a way to show how I refined the rough, added more details and got it to a point where I felt like I was done. Our process usually consists of doing several rough designs similar to this and sending them to the client for approval. The client then can take those rough designs and more or less mix and match elements from the drawings to give us a finer target to shoot for. We then take that feedback and do a new version, and again go for an approval from the client. Once that happens, we do a tighter more refined image and again send it to the client for review. Once we get approval on that we typically do a model sheet with a character turn around along with a page of expressions and 4 to 6 character poses. Finally, after discussing color options with the client, we'll do a few quick examples of color on the character. Another round of approvals follow, and then we are off to the races and do a final color pass, prepare the files and get them off to the extremely happy client!

Comments

locuriatoons said…
hola amigo,te queria decier que todo lo que haces me encanta.me usta los colores que les das a tus dibujos tambien,la verdad sos muy bueno!!!!
michaelamos said…
nice - but I actually like the rough pose more!!
great work though - really like your blog.